Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

To-de-o-de-o

Before I start telling you about the latest of my thoughts that have been making my imagination run amok, I want you to understand that I'm not judging or making fun of anyone.  Just one of those things that kind of stuck in my head and won't go away until I write it down.  In other words, just one of those things that makes you go "Hmmmm."   Well, me anyway.

While standing in the checkout line at a large discount retailer, I did what I always do.  I was people-watching.  I'm not exactly nosy; I just like to watch people do what they do when they don't think anyone is watching.  Usually there is lots of scratching, picking, and 'rearranging' going on, but this day was a little slow on the observational front.  So I turned my attention to the customer in front of me.  She was probably in her late 30s or early 40s, well-dressed, and hair impeccably coiffed (that's an uptown word if I ever heard one), so in all honesty, not exceptionally interesting as far as people-watching goes.  Well, not until I leaned over to get a pack of gum...that's when I saw them.  The toebrows, that is.  Now, I expect guys to have hairy, maybe weird-looking feet, but the toebrows seemed a little out of character for this lady.

Hmmmm.  Of course my imagination ran with this like Michael Jackson with his hair on fire.  In my mind, I could just see the toebrows waving in the breeze.  No, better yet, braided...or for a Caribbean flavor...dreadlocks.  Ya mon!  Then thoughts of Groucho Marx and little glasses on toes filled my head, and I had to look at something, anything else as I attempted in vain to avoid the giggles, turning red-faced and teary-eyed.

Now, you have to understand something.  I'm not laughing at anyone; everyone is entitled to wear their toe hair as they please.  I'm simply laughing at the absurdities one's imagination presents when allowed to roam around untethered occasionally.  Just sayin...maybe a little mousse or gel to give your toebrows a little style.  Maybe little tiny barrettes or bows or hair color or maybe even toe hair perms.  This could open up a whole new aspect of cosmetology...toebrow stylists.

Bottom line...whatever it is that you've got going on (or don't have), flaunt it!  Fly that flag high!  That goes for toebrows too.   Just sayin...

No comments: